By WRCB Staff

DAYTON, RHEA COUNTY, TN -- Coulter-Garrison Funeral Home on Market Street, in Dayton, caught fire just before 6:00 pm Tuesday night.

The fire started in a room upstairs, that used to be an apartment. The area is currently unoccupied.

The funeral home was closed at the time the fire broke out.

According to a manager, it is believed the fire started as electrical. The Fire Department is not releasing a cause at this time.

There are no injuries reported.

A body was inside awaiting burial, but it was removed in time.  A graveside service will be held Wednesday. 

Manager Dan Weaver says Wednesday it will be business as usual.  But does admit they are grateful the fire wasn't worse and that no one was there at the time.

He adds, "We could've had visitation going on, praise the Lord I it wasn't."