Firefighters save house from burning to the ground - | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters save house from burning to the ground

Posted: Updated:

By WRCB Staff

OOLTEWAH, HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -- Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department saves a house from burning to the ground, Wednesday.

 At 7:00 PM, the homeowner called 9-1-1 reported a house fire at 9715 Waycross Circle in the Ooltewah area. Tri-Communty VFD responded and arrived on the scene confirming fire at this resident.

The homeowner was cooking in the kitchen when a grease fire occurred and was unable to extinguish the fire himself.

"Firefighters did a very aggressive  interior attack in the kitchen area and stopped the fire from spreading throughout the rest of the house. There is heavy fire damage to the kitchen area but the rest of the house had heavy smoke damage but salvageable", says Tri-Community VFD Chief Teddy Rogers.

No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries. The damage to the house is valued approximately $75,000.

The family will be staying with relatives.

Powered by Frankly