Nephew burned while trying to save uncle's home - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Nephew burned while trying to save uncle's home

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- A 35-year-old man is recovering at Erlanger after putting out a fire at his uncle's house.

Fire fighters were called to the home on Quinn Adams Street around noon Sunday.

They say the homeowner, Willy Craighead, left the stove on and fell asleep in the other room.

A pan of hot grease caught fire. He called his nephew, Michael McCorkle, who tried to put out the grease fire with water.

That caused the hot grease to splash on his hands and arms.

He was taken to Erlanger with second degree burns.

Powered by Frankly