Fire damages Chamberlain Ave home - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Fire damages Chamberlain Ave home

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Bruce Garner/ Chattanooga Fire Department Photo: Bruce Garner/ Chattanooga Fire Department

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – A family of three is without a home after a fire Tuesday afternoon.

According to Chattanooga Fire officials, the fire happened around 1:30 at a home on Chamberlain Avenue.

The homeowner, Veronica Kitchens called 911 from the front yard after she noticed smoke coming out of the front door of her home.

Fire investigators says the fire likely started from a pot of grease left on the hot stove.  Firefighters say flames had reached the attic before the blaze was under control.

No injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at $45,000.

The Red Cross has been called in to assist Kitchens and her two teenage children.

Powered by Frankly