CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- A mom says she's no longer safe in her home after her baby boy was shot in the back of the head with a BB gun and now she's looking to move.

Police know one of the suspects , but no one has been charged. Police say they need to interview one more witness. They do have a 15-year-old suspect.

The family of the little child who was hit believes this Friday morning's shooting was intentional.

The mother of a toddler shot in the head by a BB gun tells Channel 3 that she's afraid to stay in her own home.

"If it would have went I think two or three inches deeper, if it would have hit his skull, fractured his skull he would have died," says Tracy Mathis.

But luckily little Corey Mathis will be okay and his family is very thankful.

Early this Friday morning they were terrified when this one-year-old was hit in the back of the head with a BB gun.

"My daughter grabbed him and said they shot him in the head," says Steve Freeman.

At around 2 o'clock Corey's mother, 26-year-old Tracy Mathis, was outside with her father and the one-year-old son on Angela Drive.

Mathis says she heard a shot just before Corey was hit on their front porch.

"I asked my dad what it was and he said it sounded like a BB gun and was like ok it's time for me and Corey to go in the house so as soon as I went to pick him up they fired again," says Mathis.

Mathis took her bleeding baby to the hospital.

"So I picked him up and as you can see on my shirt he was bleeding so I grabbed my keys, jumped in the car and went straight to Erlanger," says Mathis.

The family doesn't think this was an accident.

"This was no mistake. These guys took two shots," says Freeman.

"It's sad when you can't set on your own front porch without somebody walking by shooting BB's or even shooting a gun cause it could have been a real gun and my son would have died," says Mathis.

Now this mother feels like she needs to take Corey and her other five children out of this neighborhood for their safety.

After the shooting, Corey's grandfather took off after the suspects, but couldn't catch them.

Again police do have a 15-year-old suspect, but no charges have been filed yet.