Woman burns foot in house fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Woman burns foot in house fire

Posted: Updated:

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- Chattanooga firefighters are currently on the scene of a house fire at 3846 Wauchula Drive. 

It started out as a kitchen fire.  A 25-year-old woman was cooking and the grease in the frying pan caught on fire. 

She tried to carry the burning pan out the front door.  Before she could make it out the front door, the heat from the fire became too intense and she dropped the pan on the floor. 

The burning grease splattered onto one of her feet and fire began to spread in the living room.  The woman then grabbed her small child, got out of the house and called 911.

The firefighters arrived and were able to contain the fire to one corner of the living room.  Battalion Chief Ben Biggs said a grandfather clock burned up, but overall the damage was limited. 

The woman was transported by Hamilton County EMS to Erlanger Medical Center.  The cause of the fire will be listed as accidental.

Powered by Frankly