Tailgating spicy taco cheese logs
Recipe from Melissa Goff of Fort Sill, Okla.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
4 cups finely shredded Mexican Blended Cheese
1 8oz pkg Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
4 heaping tbsp mayo
1 1.25oz envelope McCormick Hot Taco Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
3/4 cup dried parsley flakes
1. Before mixing ingredients, place parsley flakes in a 11x8-inch shallow baking dish. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix all cheeses, mayo, taco seasoning and jalapenos together, thoroughly by hand.
3. Divide mixture into 3 portions. Taking each portion and shaping into a ball form. Then roll each ball into the parsley flakes. Working all areas to cover, as you work the flakes on to the cheese mixture, work into a form of a log. Log will measure 6 to 9 inches in diameter.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Best served with tortilla chips or Ritz style crackers.
5. Can store nicely for up to a week before serving.
Comments: This is a favorite of my husband's. I spun this recipe off a family recipe.