CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- A man who was shot and killed early this morning in Chattanooga has been identified as 50-year-old Timmy Nichols of Cleveland, TN.  He was shot in the chest after an argument with 20-year-old Quinisha Brabson. 

According to witnesses, Brabson was approached by Nichols and his passengers as she stood in a parking lot at the corner of Main and Willow Streets. Stories conflict as to why Nichols stopped Brabson but, tempers flared during a conversation between the two. At some point, Nichols tried to get out of his car but was stopped when Brabson shot him.

 The car then pulled off the lot and drove west until it crashed at 1800 E Main Street. The two passengers in the vehicle, Lisa Greenlief and Jeffrey Young, were treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained in the crash. Young initially fled the scene but was later found at a house nearby.

  Brabson has been charged with Criminal Homicide and is currently being held at the Hamilton County Jail. 


CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- Chattanooga police released new details on an early morning shooting and car crash that left one man dead and a woman injured. The incident happened at 1800 E Main Street around 12:45 am.

Police arrived on scene to find that a car had crashed into an electrical pole and the driver of the vehicle was slumped over in his seat suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. EMS pronounced him dead at the scene.

His front seat passenger was injured in the accident and was transported to an area hospital. Her injuries are unknown. A third passenger fled the scene.

 Shortly after the incident, police were able to get a suspect description. Police found a person fitting the suspect description and questioned that person. Investigators spent the morning reconstructing the scene and interviewing witnesses trying to determine what led to the shooting.


CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- One person is dead following an early morning shooting in Chattanooga.  Police tell us it happened just before 1AM Thursday when a car wrecked in the 1800 block of East Main Street.

  When police arrived on the scene, they discovered the driver of the vehicle had been shot and killed.  A female in the car was not shot, but was taken to the hospital from injuries in the wreck.  No word on her condition.  Another passenger in the backseat fled the scene after the crash,  officials are still investigating why he ran.

  One person has been taken into custody. No identities have been released at this time. We'll have more information as it becomes available.