You'll Have to Pay to Recycle that Computer Monitor
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) -- Orange Grove Recycling Center in Chattanooga will now charge a $10 fee for recycling computer monitors. All monitor drop-offs will need to be made at Orange Grove's Industrial Training Center, 720 Arlington Avenue in Chattanooga. All other computer parts—including keyboards, towers and printers—are still accepted at all of Chattanooga's recycling centers.
"It is important to us that these monitors are recycled properly and that the parts are kept domestic," said Tera Roberts, director of adult services at Orange Grove Center. "Computer monitors are different from other computer equipment due to the concentration of lead. We developed a partnership with a Clinton, Tenn. company that keeps these items domestic. This company will now be charging a fee for their service, therefore we will require this fee from both citizens and companies when they bring the items to us for recycling."
Signs will be posted at all Chattanooga recycling convenience centers to communicate the drop-off location for computer monitors as well as the fee required.
Chattanooga convenience center locations are as follows:
- Warner Park Recycle Center, 1250 East Third St., 37402
- Access Road at DuPont Parkway, 4500 Access Rd., with the Residential Refuse Collection Center, 37415
- John A. Patten Recreation Center, 3202 Kelly's Ferry Rd., 37419
- East Brainerd Baseball Complex, end of Batter's Place Road, 37421
- Brainerd Recycle Center, 5955 Brainerd Rd., 37411
The above convenience centers are open seven days a week:
- Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.